From Melbourne to Paris and London to New York every fashion runway tells an intriguing beauty story through the array of professionally styled glamazons who tread the catwalks in style. Any fashion and beauty lover worth her primer keeps well abreast of the contemporary on trend hair styling’s that make their way from the catwalk to the high street, and even Grafton Street for that matter, so here at Beautyfeatures.ie we thought it timely as Autumn approaches to share a hair tutorial or two from the amazing team at Kerastase. Adored and featured by fashion bibles such as Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar and Allure, Kerastase blend critical care nourishment with beautifying essential oils, instantly transforming hair and delivering unequalled shine, vitality and health. Do try these at home!
Marchesa – New York fashion Week
The Oh So Sophisticated and Textured Chignon
1. Begin with hair that is damp and create a deep side part and prep the hair with Kerastase Mousse Volumactive.
2. Gently blow dry the hair applying a small amount of Kerastase Ciment Thermique from the mid lengths to the ends for gorgeous smoothness and added texture.
3. Tale a section of hair from above the nape of your neck and fasten a tight braid. Continue to wrap it flat again at the back of the head and pin into place to create an anchor for your chignon.
4. Keeping the front section of your hair loose, coil and twist the other two sections together at the back of your head, pinning into the braid to keep the chignon from slipping and so the style stays firmly in place.
5. Grab the front remaining section, roll it towards the back of your head and pin any ends into the coiled chignon.
6. Complete and set your look with Kerastase Styling Laque Couture Hairspray.
Jill Stuart – New York fashion Week
Fresh, Natural Blow Dry
1. Ensure your hair is thoroughly dry then create a middle parting and dampen with Kerastase Mousse Volumactive for volume and texture.
2. Blow dry your hair using a diffuser.
3. Rough dry your hair spraying Kerastase Resistance Volumactive Expansion Spray as you go to help create a natural look full of movement.
4. Add a pea-sized amount of Kerastase Fibre Architecte at the ends of hair for extra smoothness.
5. Finish by fluffing your hair at the top of your head with your fingers for a slightly dishevelled, electrified look and finish with Kerastase Styling Laque Couture Hairspray to hold style in place.
Rachel Zoe – New York Fashion Week
Polished Low Ponytail
1. Ensure your hair is damp to start. Create a deep middle part and prep the hair with Kerastase Mousse Volumactive for extra body and texture.
2. Blow dry using a paddle brush.
3. Gently brush the hair back into a low ponytail so that the hair covers the ears and gently fasten with an elastic below the nape of the neck.
4. Gently tease your hair at the crown and allow a few loose pieces to fall and frame the face, creating a lived in look!
5. Grab a small section of hair from your ponytail, wrapping it gently around the elastic then pin into place.
6. Spritz with Kerastase Styling Laque Couture Hairspray to set a gently and flexible hold.
Stylist Tips by Odile Gilbert, Artistic Director for Kerastase, New York Fashion Week.